Sunday, September 12, 2010

Welcome Party





Today was the welcome party for the exchange students coming to Shiga-ken. This included a girl named Emilie from Canada and myself. We got to meet the two other year people-- Sari from Australia and Reed from America/Puerto Rico.
Overall today was much MUCH better than the past few days. There was good food, English speaking people and reminders that I'm not the first to go through this and no the last. I was also talking to Reed (the other American) about how we both seemed to forget about 9/11.

(everyone enjoyed my pear bread, but the refused to call it bread. its more like cake anyways...but you don't toast and butter cake!!!!!)

After that we went to a temple, and this wasn't the simple temple on the side of the road. This was the long car ride up a mountain and steep stairs temple. (pictures are provided for your enjoyment)

I think getting outside and seeing things puts me in a MUCH better mood than when I sit at home and listen to the screams of 3 and 1 year olds.

It's still really hot here and I'm really REALLY tired of it!
bring on fall!!! I would even welcome winter!

(Also, included is a picture of the guy who trecked all the way up the side of the mountain to enjoy the view...and then we showed up in the car and ruined it. It was picture worthy)

No comments:

Post a Comment