Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vacation!

This week is a three day week!!!!!
why you ask?
Because monday was "respect for the aged" day and tomorrow is the atumnal equinox! Go random days off!
So, Today was pretty much normal except during lunch. Me and three of my friends were going to the cafeteria when one of them said their shoulder hurts. Alright, infirmery?
nope. lets throw salt on it...

uh

ok?

really REALLY confused.

Aparently it's a part of Japanese culture. When a ghost/evil thing is bothering you or hurting you, you throw salt to purify it.

I actually semi knew this, but I didn't know it was put into practice by the teenage generation. That caught me off gaurd a little. Not to mention no one else really stared or questioned them when they came outside with a salt shaker.

After that my friend (the one throwing the salt) asked what my biggest surprise was in Japan. I figured it best not to answer that one...seeing as that WAS my biggest surprise so far. hahaha

And just so everyone knows, just in case my posts are looking a little down, I'm fine, really. It's not all sunshine and rainbows and unicorns offering rides into the sun set, but its a combo of frustration, tiredness, confusion, intrest and fun.
so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment