Thursday, August 26, 2010

Japan thus far










So far...its been good! i mean, it really hasn't been a while but Ive been busy which is a good thing. Right now everyone is at the lake, and I would be too but I think for my sanity's sake I'm going to sit this one out. but I've cleaned up the toys and dishes so they don't think I'm not grateful of anything...which would be BAD.
I have dish duty, which is fine with me because that makes me apart of the fam.
Mikihiro can either drive me insane or be pretty cool. He loves Castle in the Sky (A Miyazaki film) and natto...which is oishiku nai...gross.
Nagomi (natchan) is awesome. I understand her the most hahahaha. except her high pitched squeals. those hurt.

so. I went to school and several things happened. I got a skirt that doesn't fit...so i have to wear it around my stomach. and i got a shirt that doesn't fit. and really ugly shoes...which are even less desirable than crocs...or...uggs. yes. that bad.but every ones wears them so i don't really care. and the uniform is HOT. i mean really temperature wise HOT.

We went to visit a temple and that was interesting. it was only for a little while so i don't have much to say on the matter.

I found out i can get Internet on my computer by hooking up the cable to my laptop. well. actually i knew that all along. i still have to ask for permission though. but this means i can work skype.

Also went to an awesome sushi place. I think I'm obsessing. Its like a sushi go round...but it had a second level of a SHINKANSEN to bring you special orders. I drew it in my journal thing so I'll get it up here eventually. there was also a touch screen to order from too. so. amazing.

There have been no problems so far but I am having trouble with people staring. and i mean. really REALLY staring. I knew this would happen but i didn't know I would have trouble with it. and the thing is there is a sign that says "let's join the international community" right in front of the school!!!! and its in japanese!
i mean, right when i get on the train that goes from kyoto station to omihachiman (my city) on comes a group of guys on the basketball team from a omihachiman high school. so of course I'm introduced. and some Asian duo decides to huddle together, step a few feet away, and start whispering and laughing and looking back DIRECTLY AT ME. I would be the idiot to realize later they were talking about what they had for lunch but i mean COME ON! YOU CANT GET ANYMORE OBVIOUS.
ah whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment