Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kyoto take 2!





Last Saturday I went to Kyoto...again!!!! Except this Kyoto was muuuccchhhh better than the last Kyoto trip I took (rain, wet shoes, didn't know where to go, last minuet planning, etc.) This time I went with my host family and my host father's sister.
We didn't go to downtown Kyoto but a smaller area with a bunch of little shoppes and souvenirs and temples and overall really cool stuff! There were also person-pulled carts giving tours.
Taking after my own aunt, my host aunt really loves Kyoto and of course dressing up--which in this case means kimonos--which means I also got to try and wear one.
IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS
you can't move you legs more than a couple inches, and they tie everything so tight and it's hot and gahhh! Not to mention Kyoto is built on steep slopes and stairs.
But, if you are every having a bad day all you have to do it put on a kimono and EVERYONE starts complimenting you! EVERYONE!!!!! Japanese people I don't know, foreign people I don't know, everyone saying how good I looked, random people wanting to take pictures with me. It was...interesting.
But the sights were good, the souvenirs cheaper and the people all very friendly!
Also! I got a keitai! (Japanese cell phone)
This has to be the fanciest prepaid phone I have ever seen. You can mail (text...but not really) talk (but at 9 cents per 6 seconds...i think not) and watch TV, play games, read books, listen to music, browse the Internet (I didn't pay for that though) take pictures, scan bar codes? and EVERYTHING! it's AWESOME! And really not that badly priced (for being in Japan) the whole phone and plan was about 100$ and mail is unlimited for 3$ a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment